From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:37:21 -0600
I'd bet that evening hunger and morning satiation is insulin-related.  A
Keto-stick may not show it, but it's virtually guaranteed you're in ketosis
(the burning of stored fat) in the morning - overnight is when the body
repairs cells and your metabolism kicks into gear.  Most who've shot for and
attained ketosis know it's easy to eat very little and feel very good once
you get there.

What I'm not sure of is evening hunger.  It could be any of several things.
Maybe you didn't eat enough.  Or too many carbs resulted in excess insulin
followed by a dip in the blood sugar and hunger.  That and old habits are
hard to break.  How many of us ate just before going to bed in the past?  A
lot, I'm sure.

While I can skip breakfast, I will say that I can only go so far without
food now.  If I skipped breakfast I could hum along until about 10:30 and
then I'd NEED to eat something.  Before cutting the carbs, I could easily go
well past noon.  But this is when I was an insomniac.  That was the price I
paid for eating too much of the wrong thing late in the day; all that sugar
had my head spinning when I needed SLEEP, dammit!  Now, I sleep like a baby.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO