From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:56:07 EST
>Tim - I get too many e mails and on top of that, I type really slowly.
As far as I know the reason for fasting is to detox the body. A minimum of 10
to 14 days is needed depending on who you ask: basically, you would eat raw
for 3 days, followed by 7 days of juice or water fast and another 4 days to
ease the body back to "regular" foods. The last 3 to 4 days are very important.
One can really mess up by breaking the fast consuming normal foods.
Eating several almonds after a fast will quickly fill you up - kind of shows
you how much we over eat. I use to fast for 7 days at a time since I was on
the thin side.
Thomas
PS: Obviously even 2 weeks isn't enough to eliminate all the toxin that have
resided in the intestines for decades, but you will still feel a big
difference.<
                                                   HOW TO FAST
Fast only when you are acutely symptomatic, i.e., when you have acute
symptoms.
Eat only when you are genuinely hungry, i.e., when you are salivating for
food.
During your fast, drink only as much water as your thirst demands, not more
water and not less water, no juices, no vitamins, no supplements and no drugs,
i.e., learn to listen to and obey only your inherent intelligence, your God
within, which is always talking to you.
FASTING IS NOT STARVATION. WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY, EAT. FAST ONLY WHEN YOU ARE
NOT HUNGRY & ACUTELY SYMPTOMATIC. FASTING IS PHYSIOLOGICAL REST. STARVATION IS
NOT EATING, WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY
Fasting is physiological rest. Starvation is pathological. When you are not
hungry, fasting is temporary abstinence from your ingestion of all food but
drinking as much water as your thirst demands. When you are hungry, starvation is
abstinence from your ingestion of food and water. Fasting exists until your
body's surplus or stored fats are consumed and harmful accumulations are
eliminated. Fasting is remedial, restorative and healthful. Starvation is denying
your body essential food for its maintenance and is injurious to your body. When
you fast, drink only water, lie down and close your eyes. Keep your eyes
closed every moment of the 24 hours, every day that you water fast. During a water
fast, you must have total physiological rest. You can only accomplish total
physiological rest, by keeping your eyes closed. Feel, meditate, think on and
concentrate on whatever are your symptoms until you are asymptomatic. Eat when
you are acutely asymptomatic, i.e., when you no longer have any acute symptoms
or when you are genuinely hungry, i.e., when you are salivating for food.

CLOSING YOUR EYES AUTOMATICALLY RESTS YOUR BRAIN & MIND
Closing the eyes, rests the brain and mind. An electric rhythm starts as soon
as the eyes are closed and ceases immediately when they are opened. This
rhythm serves-to clear "negative charges" from the brain. Activity of the eyes
prevents recuperation from occurring.
CLOSE YOUR EYES TO HEAL YOURSELF OF DISEASE
To heal yourself of disease, you should rest your brain and body, by keeping
your eyes closed. Every activity of your eyes, depletes your vitality and
inhibits restoration of your health. In every moment of your 24 hours, keep your
eyes closed, just like dogs, cats and other pets do, and open your eyes only to
satisfy your needs, whether your needs be biological, physical, mental,
social, economic or spiritual.
When you are sick, lie down, keep your body inactive, keep your eyes closed
and
concentrate, meditate, think on, keep your mind on your pain and discomfort,
till your pain and distress completely disappear.
WHEN YOU FAST, CLOSE YOUR EYES TO PHYSIOLOGICALLY REST SO AS TO GET WELL &
STAY WELL
When you water fast, keep your eyes closed every moment of the 24 hours,
every day that you water fast. During a water fast, you must have total rest. You
can only accomplish total rest, by keeping your eyes closed. Lie down and
close your eyes, ever time you can. It is the most important thing you can do to
get well and stay well!
     HOW TO MEDITATE PROPERLY TO HELP HEAL YOURSELF
You should lie down, keep your body inactive, keep your eyes closed and
concentrate, meditate, think on, keep your mind on your symptoms and discomforts,
until your symptoms and distresses completely disappear. This is "feeling
meditation".
WHEN YOU ARE ILL, WATER FAST, WITH FEELING MEDITATION, TO HELP HEAL YOU,
IMMEDIATELY & PERMANENTLY
Everyone who is ill, should water fast (physiological rest) with "feeling
meditation", as the surest and most rapid means of helping to heal. A water fast
with feeling meditation, is necessary to help you heal your illness. Water
fasting, with feeling meditation, usually leads to cessation and healing of your
pathology and symptomatology, immediately and permanently.
A WATER FAST IS A PHYSIOLOGICAL REST
A water fast is a physiological rest and therefore to conserve vital energy
and optimumly help heal yourself, you should always do a water fast lying down,
with your eyes constantly closed, no talking, and only sleeping and/or
concentrating, meditating on, paying attention to and feel your symptoms until you
are asymptomatic, i.e., until you no longer have any symptoms.
                     PURPOSE OF A FAST IS TO PHYSIOLOGICALLY REST

The purpose of a fast is conserve and replenish vital energy and to
completely rest the body, not to just eliminate toxins nor to just rest the digestive
tract. Every moment you fast and that you simultaneously open your eyes, you
are preventing yourself from getting healed as rapidly and as well as possible.
You are wasting vital energy when you open your eyes. Every bit of vital
energy is needed by sick persons to recover their health.
During a fast, you must have total rest. You can only accomplish total rest
by keeping your eyes closed.
   IF YOU GET BORED DURING YOUR FAST, YOU CAN LISTEN TO A RADIO
If you get bored during your water fast, you can listen to a television,
radio, tape recorder, cassette recorder, phonograph records, etc., but you must
always be lying down and keeping your eyes constantly closed.

                          HOW TO BREAK YOUR WATER FAST
Always break your water fast only when you are asymptomatic, i.e., when you
no longer have any symptoms or when you are genuinely hungry, i.e., when you
are salivating for food. Break your water fast on only natural foods, that you
would eat in the wild. Break your water fast on only fresh, unprocessed raw
foods that are palatable to you and that agree with you, with all the essential
minerals and essential nutrients. No human being and animal in the wild,
inherently break their water fasts on juices, fractionated and/or processed foods.
Of course, this is contrary to the way "civilized" humans incorrectly break
their fasts on juices, fractionated and/or processed foods.Every bit of
agricultural exploitative commercialization and soil depletion, bioengineering,
experimental breeding, processing, cooking, hybridizing, mutation and pollution,
destroys vitamins, enzymes, minerals, nucleic acids, chlorophyl, damages fats and
makes the fatty matter a local irritant. This agricultural exploitative
commercialization and soil depletion, bioengineering, experimental breeding,
processing, cooking, hybridizing, mutation and pollution, excessively stresses every
cell of our bodies, results in our impaired nutrition and results in our
impaired health.
WHAT IS NUTRITION?
What is nutrition? Nutrition means all the processes and functions that are
necessary for the assimilation of our foods we eat. Nutrition is the
physiological process our inherent intelligence conducts, as our inherent intelligence
transforms foods we eat, into material for our bodies own growth and
maintenance. Nutritional deficiencies create imbalances in our bodies chemistry.
WHAT IS DETOXIFICATION?
Detoxification is the final expulsion of waste materials through the various
excretory organs. Detoxification takes place in the human body continually
from birth throughout life. Detoxification stops at time of death of the human
body.
Dr. Bernarr      [log in to unmask]     http://www.healself.org