From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:28:58 -0400
Hi Keith;

I think we are in agreement - what I was saying is that it doesn't matter if
you eat a high or low acid range of foods: the body will balance it out by
various means of homeostatis once the nutrients enter the bloodstream.

Marilyn

>>The body never allows itself to deviate much from a certain acidity no
>>matter what you eat....

I'm with Ron. Cordain is not talking about the acidity
of food, but of the net acid load on the kidneys.
Lots happens to food between the mouth and the kidneys,
including the addition of acid to it when it's in the stomach.
I don't know enough about human physiology to say for sure,
but I would guess that you could not predict the net acid load
on the kidneys solely by testing the pH of the food.

Keith