From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:27:42 +0200
At 14:28 2000-06-12 -0500, VAL wrote:
>Can someone tell me if the following are paleo?
>
>Squashes

Squashes are related to cucumber and melons, so I consider it "paleo".

>Sweet Potatoes

New world food, not for me.

>Yams (genuine African yams, unrelated to sweet potatoes)

Was eaten in west Africa 30000 years ago, would be ok. But beware,
there are several kinds of it, some are poisonous raw! I use it
very seldom.

>Also, cheese has been a huge staple of my diet, and I am going to miss it
>terribly.  How much harm could I do myself if I kept eating it in very
>small amounts for awhile?

No one knows. My guess is that some people can eat it w/o harm, others
only a little, and some not at all. The problem is that one can not know
wich group one belongs to until it is too late. I do not touch it.

- Hans