Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:56:54 -0400
Rachel said:
> What the Chinese refer to as
>the Spleen is actually the Pancrease in western terms.

Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]> said:
Do you think you understand TCM enough to make such a statement?

YES!  Abolutely, My husband studied at a school of acupunture and oriental
medicine for 1 1/2 years and also studied Chinese herbology.  He is a
Certified Herbalist.  I studied a lot of the material with him, including
the Chinese view of the organs, energetic concepts, the concept of qui flow
in the meridians, their view of the 5 elements, organ systems, etc.  I
memorized some of the acupuncture meridian points, many of the concepts and
patterns of imbalance as well as the uses for some of the herbs.

Amadeus:
>>Is it ignoring all the energy flow concepts?
Is what ignoring the energy flow concept?  Spleen/pancreas disorders are and
were very prevalent in China,.  Even today infectious diseases and metabolic
disorders are very prevalent there.  The need for spleen tonics in Asia has
been widespread for centuries.  Some feel/think that the high grain, low
protein intake causes the Spleen ( actually it is the pancreas if you look
at the diagram of the organ the Chinese refer to as the spleen in Chinese
medical texts.) to become enlarged.

Rachel