From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:34:29 +0900
On Monday, Dec 20, 2004, at 03:47 Asia/Tokyo, Adrienne Smith wrote:

> I hope someone out there can help.  Have any of you paleos seen an
> improvement in blood pressure since going paleo?  My non-paleo hubby
> (50,
> normal weight, exercise fanatic)just came back this morning after being
> rejected for a blood drive because of elevated blood pressure.  This
> has
> never happened before.  The reading was 132 over 104.

Has this been a problem in the past? If it is usually low, it could
just be the result of a poor night's sleep, or an oncoming cold, or if
he did a hard workout the day before. BP goes up and down quite a bit,
plus the inaccuracy of the machines varies a lot. Have him get it
retested when he is relaxed and well rested and see if it is still high.