From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 00:54:28 -0700
-----
><<Phyto estrogens are widespread throughout the plant world. They can
>be
>substituted for the normal estrogenic substances found in our human
>bodies, though they do not function the same. Since they arewidespread,
>our bodies have mechanisms to cope with them at low level exposures.
>This would the exposure levels that consumers have when using GSE
>preserved products.
>BUT, high level exposures to phyto-estrogens can cause serious
>reproductive problems. Plants produce phyto-estrogens to protect
>themselves from over-grazing. Basically, if the animals can'treproduce,
>they can't eat you :-)

Very interesting because most of the domestic animals are raised on over
grased pasture .(could phytooestrogen contribuate to fat production in the
animal?)
Wild animals are very good at managing their food sources and travel a lot
to have access to the tastiest  fresh grass.and will not accept easely to
have to eat over and over the same plants.
I raised horses free range in the pyrenees in France ,and god ,they made me
run all over thoses mountains to catch up with their obsession at getting
the greener grass available (despite  the fact that they had way more foods
available where they were. somewhere else was always better). Now i
understand !
Thank you
Jean-claude