Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:29:29 EST
Todd Moody wrote:
> > I also presume you do not adhere strictly to the no legume "rule"?

I think it's a bogus rule, since it's based on a botanical
classification that would have been meaningless to actual
paleolithic people.

What rule do you use to decide if a food is "paleo"?  I know you consider
starchy tubers to be okay (or some of them, anyway).  You think that some
legumes are okay (for example, peanuts and snap peas).  Where do you draw the
line?  Do you define a food as paleo if it can be eaten raw?  Is that your
touchstone?

What about the fact that fire was available for most--if not all--of the
paleolithic period?  Do you think that paleo people cooked any of their
food--for example, meat?