From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:15:52 +1000
Well,
all seeds contain lectins and other poisons. I know Cordain says they're OK.
But I certainly disagree.
There are at least 4 paths to paleo-
archeological/historical
hunter-gatherer diets
naked and sharp and a rock stick rule
avoid antinutrients (toxins).
All arrive at much the same diet.

Rule 4 says avoid toxins- esp seeds. Wheat rice etc are full of toxins. The
edible nuts have lectins etc but there is no evidence they interact with our
physiology. I like macadamias and walnuts and am comfortable with them-
they're high in omega 3 too, but many other nuts aren't. Their protection
comes from their hard shell so they less toxin to keep safe from worms and
animals.
Ben