Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 14:39:38 -0400
<<Isn't it scary that WE, by and large John and Joan Q. Sixpack, know more
about this than our physicians?  Read a quote from the story again...>>

  If you want to see a great example of ignorance in physicians, troll the
Healthfraud list which is the list co-owned by Stephen Barrett of QuackWatch
infamy.  The archives can be accessed at www.quackwatch.com . These people
are truly frightening.  They are very sure that anything that veers from
conventional mainstream belief is fraudulent.  They make a habit out of
strongarming and harrassing anyone who speaks out about them or challenges
their beliefs (lol, yes, I speak from experience).

Barrett on Atkins -
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/lcd.html

Siobhan