From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:19:55 -0600
>May be but it is also for many,  a slippery slope .

I can't disagree with you Jean-Claude. I was just speaking
from a somewhat pragmatic viewpoint. I've read so many
posts by people who say they "fell off the paleo bandwagon"
and then stayed off for an extended period of time. Seemed
to me like the culprit in many of these cases might be a too
restrictive approach. Unless someone is completely at ease
with whatever dietary approach they may take - if they feel
*even slightly* that they are depriving themselves - it's
far to easy for stress to push someone "over the edge".

"Never say never" as the old saying goes.

>To compare with other drugs ( i hope we are clear that many junk foods act
>as a drug  in the body by changing hormonal and neurochemical balance )
like
>alcool or others,

Not *just* junk foods and alchohol, but "regular" foods as
well. Some may be apt to overindulging in fruits, etc.

>many who had succeded to quit the overconsumption of it
>had to Completelly stay away from it .

I will rephrase. If a food is "dangerous" for an individual,
either health-wise or as a potential diet-killer, it may
be wise to find some substitute that the individual can
fall back on in times of crises.