From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:31:55 MST
Hope no one minds if I respond to my own message.

Got two things wrong:

1) It's "Not Milk.. Got Beer?", not "Milk Sucks, Got Beer?"
2) It's www.milksucks.com, not .org

Please, don't misunderstand me.  I'm fully aware that milk causes problems;
that's why I don't consume it or any other dairy product.  But PETA's
argument is FULL of holes.  Hit the site for some real giggles.  Among them?
  Milk could contain pesticide residue.  What, farmers don't spray the wheat
and soybean crops?  They say meat production is detrimental to the
environment.  Sure, grain-feeding cattle depletes the soil.  But growing
corn for people doesn't do the same thing?  Isn't there a saying about
people in glass houses throwing stones?  PETA also wants to tax meat.
Quick, Ray, send the fine folks a PETA a copy of "NeanderThin"!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  While the US government recently approved a hormone supplement for
dairy cattle to increase milk production, Bergey's Dairy does NOT use this
or any other hormone treatment.  Even if you think milk is one inch shy of
pure evil, you've got to admire a dairy that keeps its milk organic and
chemical-free.  I have nothing to gain financially by any pro-Bergey
statement, just setting the record straight.