From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:20:31 EST
bettymilner writes:
> to mimic the diet in the wild as much as possible. .. My vet said she now
refers
>  to the canned food as "rat in a can"

???  I don't get this at all ... kibble is by definition full of grains,
which are not thought to play any part in a natural diet of any feline, and
cooking, canning and processing food to resemble a rat???

There are lots of raw diet lists and references available for those wishing
to feed their pets a more biologically correct diet.  This vet sounds like
one with good intentions but short on sense.  Bones are available for teeth,
raw meat is available everywhere -- why process and package imitations?
Holly