From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 09:04:40 +0200
Hello listers

Last week while on a bicycletour I came across a small farm that raises
Charolais cows.  When asking there for the possibilities they told me
that the cows were either on a meadow they owned or on a protected
heather area.   That is a piece of nature owned by government or nature
institution.
The cows are grassfed, on grounds that are not polluted by artificial
manure, not extra fed with grains of any sort.
They sell the meat in already frozen quantities of around 17 kg in which
all of the cow is present.
I had to buy a second hand deepfreeze and bought a crate of goodies
yesterday.  So no worries on the meatfront this month.
My entrecote for breakfast is defrosted  and it's gonna be a fry-up now
;-)
With meat of this quality I might even try starting raw....  Any
suggestions as where to start are welcome.
Consider myself lucky because in a small overpopulised country as this
one it is rare to find.

Christy