From:
John Footen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 15:48:44 -0400
PALEOFOOD Digest - 3 Aug 2002 - Special issue (#2002-390)Many thanks to those who gave me some input last week of my losing 75 pounds on Paleo and gaining 100 lbs when I stopped upon my return to the US.

The basic gist of the advice was to look at Paleo eating as a permanent way of life and not as a diet in the common sense.  I agree 100%.

The problem I have is how to fit paleo into the rest of my life.

I work as a project manager in various aspects Television Technology.  In addition to leading the typical sedentary high-tech lifestyle with no exercise in my job, I do a tremendous amount of travelling.  In a typical year I get 100s of thousands of miles in.  In a typical month I will be traveling at least twenty days.  Living in hotels and airplanes and at customer sites.  Lots of airplane meals, customer dinners, late night hotel food.  Occasional all-nighters bringing systems on-line.  I travel internationally once a month or so, primarily in Asia, but also in South America and Europe.  Customers want to show you their local delicacies.  In many cultures, much of business is done over dinners.

This coming week for exammple,

Sun, Mon, Tues - NY
Wed - Miami
Thursday flying all day to
Friday - Mumbai, india
Sat Sun, Singapore...

Etc...

I am sure you get the idea.    I eat at least 15% of my meals on airplanes.

I'd love some advice from anyone, especially those with experience with this lifestyle.  Sleeping in one time zone is not an option.  How do I deal with airplanes, restaurants, different cultures, etc....

Any help appreciated!