From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:55:29 -0800
Hi,

I have a friend who is hypoglycemic but not diabetic, though she is, according
to her doctor, at risk of developing diabetes.

I was hoping to get some facts about her condition because the ones I currently
have don't quite add up.  Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of them.

As I understand it, hypoglycemia is essentially the opposite of
insulin-resistance: The body's insulin is overly effective at clearing glucose
from the bloodstream, which leads to consistent levels of low blood sugar.  My
first question is, If this is the case, why would having hypoglycemia put
someone at risk of developing diabetes?

Also, I know all about how modern diets cause insulin resistance.  Can they also
cause hypoglycemia?

My last question is, Is the paleo diet good for controlling hypoglycemia?  If
so, why?

Thanks for any references or info,
Lurisia