From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:46:28 -0500
> Jay:
>  >Outside of paleo for weight loss, I would
>  >think a good number of people turn to it
>  >expecting health benefits.
>
> Yes, the benefits of paleo,  not the regimes of
> Kellogg, ANHS, Bragg and Day.   The reason
> many of us are here is because of the failure
> of these modalities.

Well, from first hand experience, I can say Dr. Day
changed my life. For the short term, the advice
she offers is right on the money and should be
placed at the top of the list of treatments for cancer.

I am still following Dr. Day and Rev. Malkmus's
Diet, the Hallelujah Diet, with the exception of
eliminating the cooked starches / grains and with
the addition of raw animal foods and some cooked
fish and wild game, which would make me 100%
paleo, and about 75 - 80% raw paleo, at that.

For a medical condition, especially a chronic
degenerative condition or cancer, a short-term
raw vegan program is exactly what is needed
because of its excellent cleansing / detoxing ability.

There is ample, real testimony from real people who healed
themselves following these diets, with my own testimony
included in that.

That these diets don't work LONG TERM for *some*
people is not justification to dismiss the short term
healing abilities of these diets.

> Still, more and more people are living longer and  healthier
> lives.  What is an idealist to do?  ;-)

Wonder what you are smoking, I guess?  :)

Longevity is not the real issue. Quality of life is the real
issue. So people are living longer...with the extra time
spent laying in bed, half dead or hooked up to machines.

"William Schnell"
> Longer and healthier than what?
>  Adam, who was probably close to paleo lived ~900 years,

Once again, I agree William.

Jay Banks
www.roadtowellsville.com