From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:05:27 +1000
Depends on what type of cardiomyopathy.

Autoimmune cardiomyopathy- well, Paleo diet probably helps the immune system
better than any other diet (take more fish/ less animal as fish is more
anti-inflammatory. Fresh cooked fish is much better than canned (canned has
added salt too)).(OK, sushi is even better you say- yeh just make sure it's
parasite free or whatever).

True paleo is low salt- she'll need to check with her doctor depending on
her medication.

Paleo is low glycemic index  (low sugar, slow-digesting carbohydrates) so
this could help a little.

Paleo is extremely high in vitamins and antioxidants which can't be bad.

Paleo is a valid diet- more than that, it's a whole nutritional paradigm
that is probably very good for everyone.

Ben Balzer