From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:33:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/01 11:38:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< This could be
 avoided if one consumed just enough glucose to cover the debt,
 and nothing else -- which may be why some people do better with a
 modified fast including some fruit. >>

This is probably true, and it is what I tend to do. But this does illustrate
the fact that only a tiny quantity of food is required, and explains how
native peoples are able to cover very long distances with little or no food.
This business of muscle loss, which we are constantly warned about regarding
fasting, doesn't seem to bother native people. Of course they keep up a high
level of physical activity all the time, so this would personably counteract
any tendency to lose muscle.

Charles
San Diego, CA