From:
Suzanne L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:01:13 -0600
For additional information that agrees with your statement regarding raw food, there is research by Dr. Edward Howell on enzymes and more by Dr. Francis Pottinger that shows how autoimmune diseases happen and increase in laboratory animals after 3 generations of eating cooked food.  A good explanation is found here starting in the "Digestive System Basics" section ~

http://www.gethealthyagain.com/enzymes.html

It is thought by some that autoimmune diseases are a result of ineffective digestion (often due to not enough enzymes) which allows incompletely digested substances to enter the blood stream.  They are not usable by the body, yet identified as foreign objects that the body reacts to by attacking.  Over time, the body gets overly stressed and can go haywire and start attacking itself ~ thus autoimmune diseases.  I used to think that if the body didn't digest something it would simply pass it on.  It seems it is not that simple, thus the importance of good digestion.  It takes enzymes and a sufficient amount of them to digest thoroughly.