From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:30:24 -0700
> This IMO applies to beta carotene, taurin and so on
> and can explain
> why some persons *used* to a certain diet obviously
> do have
> enough of the produced essentials, though not in the
> diet.
> After all we have the ability to built them,
> and it needs to be trained.

Which is why some people on weight loss diets reach a
stagnation point. Quite often if they switch their
diets at this point, they resume losing weight. This
is the major reason why weight loss diets "cycle" in
popularity.

The body is masterful at trying to reach homeostatis.

> I realized it when trying to adopt the essene
> teaching of not to
> include more than 3 ingredients in a single meal.

Which is very similar to the philosophies of Natural
Hygienists and Food "Combinists". However, they go one
step further and limit which "types" of food can be
combined together. Some even practice (or at least
preach) a "mono-diet" of only one food at a meal.

> My conclusion for today: I try to keep my food plain
> and simple.

Sound advice.