From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:59:28 -0700
>Hi Ginny,
>
>All very good observations. There are varing degrees of 'paleo-ness'.
>If you wanted to adopt a strictly paleo diet, you could indeed ban
>all Solanaceae from your diet... but then you'd have to ban butter
>too.

>As always, it's your diet, and you can do what you want with it :)
>Sounds like you're way up there on the paleo-scale already.
>
>   ...R.

Thankyou, Richard, and everyone else who replied. Where I'm at right now:
Weaning off coffee, already switched to black, one mug per day. But, yes,
I'm getting headaches. Eating yogurt, but thinking of stopping. I love
cheese, and am waffling on quitting it, if only because it's a handy snack.
No more honey or maple syrup, never any sugar anyway. Finding that my
expensive red wine collection is probably causing problems, as I am very
much less tolerant to it than before Paleo. I don't believe that it's
exactly terrible for me, but I feel it more, when I drink it, and the next
day. We're talking one or two glasses here. It sure goes well with raw
beef...

Lots of veggies and salads, fresh juices, butter, good oils, vinegars,
lemon, and good mayo. Anything going in a pan is in butter and/or olive or
grapeseed oil. No potatoes or yams, no corn or mature bean pods. All
fruits. Nuts, including raw cashews :), and raw, organic peanut butter, for
the time being.

Lots of eggs, raw and cooked, from many sources, same with meats, all
different kinds and lots of organ meat. Fish: canned sardines and
anchovies, fresh large ocean fish, including salmon, eaten rare to raw
(watching out for those salmon flukes in West Coast fish).

Anyway, I'd appreciate comments on problems or changes anyone can see.
Weight loss is not a goal, so I don't worry much about glycemic index. I am
principally concerned with healthy pancreatic and adrenal function, and
avoiding immune system diseases. OTOH, I am in danger of getting a bit
frustrated by certain limitations, and don't know how completely I'll be
able to avoid certain things long-term. There is a difference between
dealing with a little, and steady consumption, of a certain food, and I'd
like to get a feel for that. Thankyou for any help you can give me,

ginny and Tomo, out there in Paleoland already

All stunts performed without a net!