From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:50:59 +1000
Firstly, some people do gain more bone density with drug therapy- it's
simply uncommon- but mainly it happens to people who look after their
lifestyle as well as take drugs- the lower your bone density, the more
important drug therapy is.
30mg of cortisone vs 20mg is only a small difference- not  a very strong
cause of osteoporosis. Discuss with your physician.
If your physician thinks you may have been misdiagnosed hypothyroid, discuss
this again next visit.
Can't comment on the calcitonin- I think calcitonin deficiency is rare-
speak to your physician next visit. still, people with Addison's disease are
at risk of other endocrine problems. Calcitonin supplementation by food
doesn't work- the gut destroys it- injectable forms are available and a
calcitonin nasal spray is available in some parts of the world.
Ben