From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:52:58 -0600
Chuck, I had a doctor (since retired) who was partially into the holistic
approach. My cholesterol numbers were bothering him (this was several years
pre-paleo). His recommendation: at the start of the day, drink the fresh
squeezed juice of 1 or 2 lemons stirred into a glass of water...a small
amount of raw, unfiltered honey was permitted for sweetening. This was a
treatment he had been recommending for many years and he said he had no idea
why it worked with most of his patients...it helped me. I quit doing it out
of laziness. Don't know if this would help your mom or not.

            Betty Ann

Chuck wrote:

<<Apparently her doctor has told her in the past that she has a problem
with some liver enzyme which is keeping her cholesterol high.  He is, of
course, concerned by these new numbers and told her he wants to see her
immediately.  My assumption is that he is going to insist she go back on
the statin drug.  At this point, I must admit I'm feeling a bit
squeamish about the whole thing and don't feel confident advising her.

I wondering . . . do some people continue to have cholesterol problems
even after strictly following a low carb plan?  And, if so, is there
anything else that can be done other than those stupid cholesterol
drugs?>>