From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:52:13 -0400
The anecdotal evidence is that you'd get rather sick and have painful
stomach problems.

Not to sound like I'm lecturing, but the purpose of Neanderthin is at least
as much (and maybe more) to get away from those things than it is weight
loss.  Otherwise, Atkins is a much more attractive diet.  With Neanderthin,
once you stop eating all the junk, your body no longer maintains the fauna
necessary for digesting it.  Then when you eat it, you have a really
difficult time digesting it and this causes pain.

Take care,
John Pavao

----------
ok, i've been *totally* off all grains and legumes since february (and
since
i was a vegetarian before, grains and legumes were basically my entire
diet).  but lately i've been wanting a peach pie in the worst way, with
maybe a plate of crowder peas in gravy and some hot cornbread.  i'm just
contemplating what would happen if i did give in to the urge and go for it.
would i:
1. get very very ill?
2. maybe just a bit ill?
3. not get sick, but sabotage any weight loss for a while?

anyone who has completely fallen off the NeanderWagon, please advise.

thanks, JoAnn.