Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:55:01 -0400
Keith Thomas wrote:

> Specifically, I find the Evolutionary Fitness message to
> be very simple: live, eat, be active ("exercise" in 21st
> century language) as if you were living in the late
> Pleistocene.
Our doom is life, while our weird is our food.
Exercise can vary from rolling over in bed to the self-destructive
extreme endurance "sports", and the exercise of the mind seems to be
ignored even though it is said to use lots of calories.

>  Now that's not wholly possible, so we all
> have to compromise somewhere, and it's where we each
> choose not to compromise that marks us out.

Not even partly possible when both world and earth are poisoned. Given
the lack of organic food locally, the best i can do is drink organic
coffee and buy dubious organic grassfed beef. The water should be the
best, (melted snow) so why is it clogging my expen$ive Black Berkey filter?

> A few years ago in my mid-fifties a man about 25 years
> younger than me asked "How come you don't exercise like
> anyone else in the gym, but you haave the best body in the
> gym?" The answer is in the question, of course.

How about "You are what you eat"?
My exercise is closer to the "rolling over in bed" model than to what's
done in the gym, and I look better than I did 30 years ago. Think better
too.

William