From:
Adam Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:52:28 +1100
Hi,

Historically I have always had cold hands and feet. I've been on paleo now
for about six weeks and 'think' that they might be more frequently cold now
than previously (certainly that is the case today). I did a search of the
archives but have come up a bit confused. There seem to be suggestions that
it could be low thyroid with a suggested remedy of eating more carbs. But I
also recall suggestions somewhere that I should focus on eating more animal
fat.

I am quite thin and have lost weight while on paleo (down from around 65kg
to around 61kg - I'm around 176cms tall). I'm hoping that it is simply a
case of me adjusting to a natural body weight rather than what is perceived
by followers of a civilized diet to be natural.

Anyway, due to my thinness I'm wanting to make sure I eat enough of the
right stuff as my body doesn't have too much to spare. So, do you think I
should I eat more carbs or more fat?

Aside from my cold hands and feet I feel good and am enjoying my food more
than ever.

Thanks in advance,
Adam.