From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 07:11:07 -0600
Richard Archer wrote:

>At 11:19 AM +0200 8/7/04, Erik Fridén wrote:
>

>>A few days ago I recieved an unexpected test result: I am NOT allergic
>>to gluten! Ever since I came off sandwiches last year and cured my IBD
>>in about a
>>

>Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance aren't allergies.
>
>The diagnosis for Celiac requires a biopsy. I'm not aware that there's
>a diagnostic for gluten intolerance apart from the challenge test you
>just did (and failed).

There is a blood test looking for gliadin antibodies; I don't know how
accurate it is.
You do have to be eating enough of it to raise a good reaction, and I
was never willing to
do that after I diagnosed myself with an elimination diet.

I call it "allergic to wheat" when at a restaurant, talking to an
unaware acquaintance, etc.,
but as the man said, it is NOT an allergy.

    Lynnet