From:
Daniel Holly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 05:43:45 -0400
Oil bearing seeds and nuts were eaten.
At a certain point it was discovered the oil could be
(inefficiently ) extracted. That separate oil was used
and the left over part was also eaten unless they could
afford to waste food.

Fat from animals is even more easily separated for future
use.
Chicken fat...bear fat.....boar fat....the possibilities are
endless.
You cook meat by boiling and oil ends up on the surface of
the water
where it can be skimmed off and used for many useful things.
Such as  food preservation and illumination. And cooking
food. Where there is fire you will find man eating foods in
unnatural proportions...  too much fat in diet.

I personally feel that man has self selected over the last
10,000 years so that he is more accustomed/resistant to the
 negative factors of a grain based diet.
Much of this depends on who you are talking about.
As one example the Japanese seem to do well. Many
long lived people. Same with Hunza...Villcabamba
and some others.

Many American Indians obviously do poorly. When they
move to a grain/carbo diet they get all kinds of problems
since they
were on heavily meat diet even 150 years ago. And with
modern
medicine peopel are very unsuitable diets can be kept alive.
(Insulin being best example)