From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:07:59 +0100
Michelle Hale wrote:

> This makes sense from a paleo perspective.  I can easily imagine a paleo
> person eating a diet of mostly meat/fat.  Then one day they are lucky and
> come across a thicket of berries, honey, etc.  They then would pig out on
> this gold mine of food.  And then go back to their diet of mostly
meat/fat.

Hello
Sorry not to write on the subject until now but there has been so many posts
to read.
I have had the privilege to live in a country where everyone (tourists too!)
is allowed to walk on all land (not in crop, of cause). To me that meant
that I could roam the woods and fields were I lived. Doing that you know
everything of value to you in the countryside. If there is a bush with
berries or edible plants or trees with fruit, you know it. There is no
component of luck in searching for these vegetable matters because they stay
put. Gather in this context means to go and get it when it is ready and hope
that noone else got there before you.

Animals on the other hand is a different matter, you cannot just go and pick
them but you have to be lucky and manage to catch one to have meat to eat.

So, you see to me it is the opposite around. There would almost always be
vegetables and fruit of some kind that you could eat and sometimes you could
pig out on meat and then they would have to go back to veggies.
Eva