From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:25:05 +0200
>From: Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
>"... eight meals a day, few carbohydrates, and as much protein
>as he can stand."
>
>(chicken breast, tuna, beef)
>
>I note this in contrast to the standard nonsense about diets found in
>bodybuilder/fitness magazines.
>

>Philip Thrift
>http://www.paleofitness.com

When you look through the bodybuilding forums nowdays you probably find that
teh typical diet looks like:

150-300 g of protein per day
100-150 g of carbs
70-150 g of fats

Many people get about half their protein (or more) from protein powders.
I wouldn't call it healthy. It's rather the success of suplement companies
which succeeded in making people think that the more protein the better (of
course if it's whey or sometimes soy protein ;)).
Some 'experts' advice now more that 2g of protein per lb of bodymass.

Paul Sand