From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:54:36 -0400
Anna L. Abrante wrote:

>I've read a bit about the controversy regarding their ages, but not much. I
>would love some sources.

According to Staffan Lindeberg:

"My only reference is a paper in Swedish by a nutritionist travelling around
in the area interviewing people. It was fairly evident that the idea was a
myth, largely fanned by Stalin who was supposed to have paid people who
were old enough to give glory to the nation. More or less old men were said
to have come travelling from all around the area to get money. That's what I
call bias!"

> I havent gotten around to looking up all the references that
>I want from Fallon's book,.accuracy is after all the most important of all
>points.

Have you read all of the archives of the PaleoDiet mailing list? Please do.
All of Fallon's beliefs were argued against on that list. And in my opinion
all was debunked. I really don't want to have to go through all of it again
here. Nor do I want to spend the time combing those archives for pieces to
rebut you.

This is a support list for people that have chosen to eat paleo. I don't
want to have to over and over again defend our way of eating to newcomers
that are up for a debate. It gets tiring. Such debates really belong on
PaleoDiet anyway. That is a research list, not a support list like here.
It's been quiet there recently, so plenty of opportunity to liven things
up. But I strongly suggest you study all the archives there before posting,
and don't go rehash the same old stuff there either. Look to post something
original there.

>......the Georgians probably live loooong healthy lives......no need for
>birth certificates,

Oh I get it now. You make up assumptions to support what you want to
believe and turn them into fact.

Don.