From:
Marsha in Texas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:53:38 -0600
>>Judith,
>>if we don't hear from you at that time, should we assume Japan has
>>succumbed to the Y2KingKong?!
>Marsha-san,
>I set my bios back to 1998 (the list monitor emailed me and wondered why my
>dates were wrong...now I admit it...I am Y2K defiant!)
>Judith

    My pets tell me that it's Y14K in dog years! My concession to the
    hysteria is I bought batteries for the radio and enough bottled water
    for two days. Bible scholars say that Jesus, such a nice Jewish boy,
    was born during the Augustus census -- which would've been in
    October or September [not Dec. 25th] and actually several years
    earlier than 1A.D.  So, the "real" Christian millennium, predictions and
    all, has come and gone w/o the concern and fan fare that we now have.
    But, of course there are now the computers. In 1980, when I was a paid
    computer geek, we sat around and discussed the 2 digit/4 digit date
    problem. Can't believe in almost 20 years nothing significant was done
    to avoid worldwide doom. I am not too worried. I can always cook up a
    wonderful pan of fried crickets or a stew from what my kitties bring
home.
    If death and destruction is the way of the new year, I guess people will
be
    forced into the paleo WOE once the stores of Twinkies and peanut butter
    are gone.    ]v[arsha in Texas