Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:47:50 -0400
Lois wrote:

<<I'm surprised to see that no on yet has mentioned magnesium, along with
potassium for foot and leg cramps.>>

  Hi Lois,

  I'm usually reluctant to mention magnesium for two reasons:

1) If I am unaware of the condition of a person's kidneys;

2) Magnesium, possessing properties that relax muscles, could be (and often
is) used to mask symptoms, but isn't truly solving the problem.

 Cramps and restless legs are different.  Minerals help in both cases, but
restless legs seem to be a very early sign of inflammation in the blood
vessels, leading to atherosclerosis (in my experience).   The omega-3s
address this.

Siobhan