From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:12:40 -0700
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:15:59 -0700, laura paris <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>one more thing on arthritis: it's very common for arthritics to have
>multiple food allergies or intolerances. This can include foods that are
>"Paleo" as well, and that are not nightshades. For example, I can't
>tolerate eggs or mushrooms. Anyway, running an elimination diet can be
>useful to determine intolerances. It's cheap, easy, and quite effective.

I'm not so sure that mushrooms are "Paleo".

They have very little food value (no fat, only 3% protein and 4%
carbohydrates), and many of them are poisonous.   Some have medicinal value,
but we don't know how long ago the first "herbalist" appeared.   And in any
case, medicinal value is unrelated to food value.

Thus, I don't see them as Paleo.

Commercial eggs are very different from what might have been eaten 500,000
years ago, and any intolerance to them could be due to factors related to their
commercial production.

--
Cheers,

Ken