From:
nancy carreiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:10:33 -0400
Hello everyone,

I used to be on this list some time ago, but various life events made me be
off and on. I'm glad to be back on, hopefully for a long while. I'm still
on paleo, but some subtleties are still bugging me:

Various tidbits:

-I'm used to buy so-called "Coupe Francaise" (French cuts) steaks. Those
have no fat at all apart from the little embedded in the meat itself. I
realized lately that I missed some fat, fat that isn't "added" (as in olive
oil) in the dish. But I never learned to cook with "real" cuts of meat.
Another obstacle: all the meat here is french in name i.e. I have no idea
what the hell you call a sirloin. If someone has a great meat-based website
or resource, that would be great.

-How much meat can a 25 year old, 5'5" female actually get in in a day? It
seems I rarely get enough. I'm still limiting, a psychological hurdle with
calories and all. I can eat about 3 pounds of it, if i have little else as
side dish. I don't like fruits, nor nuts.

-On a related topic, I am a blood type A . I eat mostly red meat. I don't
like fruit, nor nuts. Is the Adamo book still in vogue? I'm sorry if i
tread old waters: I'm presently reading the fascinating archives. (By the
way: whee are the old timers? Did they drop out of list or out of paleo
alltogether? Such as Karl McKinnon, Dean Esmay, Grant Magnuson, etc...)

-I checked out the archives lately, and remembered Todd's adventure on
Anchell's diet. I tried it two weeks ago. Results: Negligible weight loss,
major cravings. I was sad a bit, since reading the archives in a sitting
took out much of the timing of the postings. Much enthusiasm cramed in a
short time.

-Neanderthin is still vastly unavailable up here in Montreal's bookstores.
If you refuse to get a credit card, then Amazon-and-such are not an
option.  I've been hanging with you people since at least 1998, and I read
the archives before it, even: it's seems to me I already know the book by
heart, so it's not too bad in MY case. If anyone's listening who's
concerned: I've been praising about this diet to many people, only to have
them come back to me, saying it's unfindable in the trad way.

Enough rambling for today, thanks for your insights!

nancy.