From:
Dave Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:33:31 -0500
Paul, I'm right with you there. For the lack of a better word, I've done a
number of "mini-fasts" of late; that is to say I've skipped dinner. The
results have been pretty darn good so far. After a few more of these I
think I might be ready to fast for a whole day. Physically I think I can
handle it; the mind is what I'm worried about.

What started this for me? In about 2 weeks I will "celebrate" my 40th
birthday. There will likely be 2 or 3 small gatherings amongst friends and
family, and it simply isn't possible for me to keep from indulging on these
occasions. It doesn't help that my mom is a superb baker(runs in the family
- her father ran a bakery) and whips up a couple for me every year. So
these "mini-fasts" are a great way of atoning for past and future sins.

If anyone has tips for surviving a real fast(just one day), I'd love to
hear 'em.

DF