Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:44:55 -0400
Brenda lea martin wrote:

>         I would prefer to be an ovo-lactarian vegetarian, but am a type O,
> and according to "Eat Right 4 Your Type" I should be a carnivore. And ditto
> according to Atkins and the Paleo diet.  Hmmmnn?
>          I still want the bulk of my protein to come from non-dead animals.
> eggs, cheese, grains, etc.  this is more of a religious conviction than a
> health issue, but I still need to lose about 60 pounds of weight.
>         Does anyone have any dietery suggestions for protein that will meet
> with my religious scruples?
Cheese and grains are definitely non-paleo. Eggs are. Most people would
caution you from eating too many. I personally eat huge quantities of
eggs and feel better when I eat them. You sound like you basically don't
like the idea of eating large/intelligent/cute/cudly etc. animals. How
do you feel about fish, shell fish, poultry? If you don't mind eating
some of that then you have more choices there. Nuts are also pretty
good (though it seems many people here react to almonds). Pistachios,
almonds, hazelnuts and a few others are decent sources of protein and
have pretty nice overall nutritional profiles.

Ilya