From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:21:17 MDT
Deborah asked...

>How do you know if you're in ketosis?

Head on down to your local pharmacy (or large grocery store with a pharmacy)
and pick up Ketostix.  I've found this brand and another, the name of which
I forget.  Ketostix give you an instant result; the other took forever.

On your next visit to the TidyBowl Man, hold a stick in the urine stream and
you'll soon be in the know.

What cracks me up about this ritual is that you do the same thing with a
pregnancy test.  I bought those on an almost regular basis back when my
periods were still irregular.  Thank God that's over!  Time after time, I
was scared to death I might be pregnant.  I'm close to clockwork now and
ketosis and pregnancy are two entirely different things.  But there's still
a little bit of stress in peeing on a stick in light of my previous
nightmares.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO