From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:39:15 -0700
I'm considering purchasing a chest freezer from Sears, to store wild
meat.  However, being a single girl in a downtown apartment, with
limits on space and cash (and appetite), I'm looking for a small one.
They carry a Kenmore brand 5.0 cu ft. model, with a food storage
capacity of 175 lbs.  It measures approx. 27" x 34" x 23" (width x
height x depth).

Now the question is, how much cow would that fit??  I don't have much
experience with eyeballing large meat volumes - so if I were to, say,
order a quarter side of grassfed beef from a nearby farm, how much of
it could I fit that into a deep freezer of that size?  Also, does
anyone have any advice on what to look for when purchasing a freezer?

In other news, I went to a pow-wow in Tyendinaga this past weekend
(that's in SE Ontario), where I sampled some rather unimpressive
caribou sausage and overcooked venison burger.  I considered asking for
a rare burger, but being a hot hot summer day, I thought twice about
it.

Cheyenne

http://im.yahoo.com/