From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 06:05:13 -1000
Dave:

>        There is but one cause and one cure of disease. The cause: the body's
>inability to comprehend itself or it's environment. The cure: to remove
>interference to the body's ability to adapt to mental, physical, and
>chemical stresses. The body senses itself internally and externally through
>the nervous system. If there is interference to this communication highway
>disease is the result.

In some cases medicines may be doing exactly that. But your simplistic and
non-useful cause/cure scenerio is wanting.

>>Wild animals succomb to disease as well.
>
>        No shit, really?

Yes, really. And wild animals are very likely better able to "remove
interference to the body's ability to adapt to mental, physical, and
chemical stresses" than you ever will be able to. But they get sick and
die. Imagine that.

Indeed, I find more swaying evidence that vaccines can be effective from
their use in livestock than humans.

>> You may be quilty of romanticising
>>"nature" just as you demonize human endeavor.
>
>        You create thoughts for me? Where in the hell did you get this
>from? How
>is choosing not to take pills, powders, and potions romanticizing? It is an
>impossibility to heal the body with the ingestion of a drug. You are simply
>trading not seeing a symptom that your body is struggling for the side
>effect of the drug. This can be useful if you are in need of crisis care as
>when you've reached the material limits of your body like the severing of a
>limb. Never do drugs increase your health like Wall Street would have us
>believe.

Why is it all so black and white? Impossibilities and never. All you can
see is someone (me, supposedly) arguing for pills and potions when that is
not the case. I am arguing against your simplistic rant on disease and
nature.

>        Romanticizing is having more faith in a pill than in the
>intelligent force
>that animates life.

Romanticizing is believing only the good about about something and ignoring
the rest--like you do regarding your "primordial subluxation". ;)

Secola  /\  Nieft