From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:39:25 -0600
I hope not to offend anybody, but I don't think the paleo diet in and of
itself would have led to my daughter losing her diagnosis of autism. It was
the most important component, but she needs the extra B6/magnesium and B5. I
hope to be able to wean her from these, as well as the thyroid medication
she
takes, but, for now, she needs them. She is five years old, and I need to
push the envelope to ensure her brain develops correctly, even if it means
non-paleo supplements and hormone therapy. I can't wait to see if diet alone
will cure her two or three years down the road. This is critical brain
development time. There are no second chances.

Patricia

  There was a young girl on national TV this past year, who had half her
brain removed, because of some rare malady. They found that the brains of
children, heals and produces more new connections than adults. This child,
now enjoys her class mates of her age level, and has suffered no loss of
intellect.
     `