From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 12:48:42 -0400
On Thu, 18 May 2000 09:16:35 -0700, Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>According to Udo Erasmus (as well as Drs. Eades and Sears),
>the modern diet has
>too much Omega-6 and too little Omega-3, to the extent that it is difficult
>(although not impossible) to decrease Omega-6 to the point that you are not
>getting enough, and difficult to increase Omega-3 to the point where you
>are getting enough, without ingesting Omega-3 oil in some form or another.

Impossible? And what if we tried to compose a possible nutrition of
natural things and look if this was real paleo then?

Rather good ratios and volumes are found in nuts.
Ok and in brains and marrow.
Very fine ratios with very small amounts are found in green herbs.
(purslane...).

But as Sears points it: the volumes of eicosanoids are *very* small.
Small amounts in the tight ratio may be enough.
Then just big volumes of the wrong fats have to be avoided.

And of course Frankenfats :-)

>This imbalance helps along many of the "diseases of civilization", such as
>heart disease, asthma, arthritis, etc.
This might be a hope for more people/things than i thought of before.

Amadeus
(I finally got a book from Sears and am reading it presently).