From:
Bernard Lischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 16:52:15 -0700
Here's a question that should send the hard-core scientific thinkers on this
list into long hours of profound rumination.  What can a young (late
twenties), un-married hominid, who eats a high-fat, hunter-gatherer type
diet, do in order to remove the grease stains that have come to exist on
damn near all of his clothes?  While folding my laundry this afternoon, I
began to notice this trend, and it turns out that nine out of the ten shirts
I folded have very obvious (and in some cases, numerous) frontal stains.
This is a phenomenon that was all but nonexistant during my former life as a
standard (low-fat) western eater.  And although I would never consider
reverting back to that awful way of life for such a seemingly
inconsequential, cosmetic reason, I can't ignore the fact that I am a member
of a social species, and that in order to get along with others and attract
mates it is helpful to avoid looking like a total slob.  Is there anyone out
there who has a special trick to get the grease out?

B. Lischer