From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:07:25 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [P-F] The 2 culprits

>>Is that heirloom a golden in color flax seed. ? A friend of mine ,here
have
>>a seed company that carry heirlooms varieties of proteins rich seeds and
he
>>have a variety of flax seed that have a more softer shell than the
>>commercially available flax seed. And doesn't produce as much of mucilage
>>when sprouted .
>>Will comunicate his adress if interested.
>>Jean-claude
>
>Yes, Jean-claude, it is golden.
>
>Very interested. Thank you.
Dan jason
Salt spring seeds
PO box 444
GAnges bc
V8K2W1
Canada

>I've never tried sprouting flax for eating. Can you tell me about it?

The trick is to be able to spread them far  enough apart of each other
because each seed is producing a gummy jelly around it. If you pile them on
top of each over you get a slimmy gooey texture that make difficult the
rinsing of the seed. They is nothing wrong at eating them like that , just
that it is difficult to sprout them more than 24 hours without getting mold.
I personally like them at the beginning of the sprouting stage (after 24
hours).
I like your post about the importance of getting connected with the source
of our food.
Jean-claude