Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:29:17 -0400
I believe Oliva asked how I cook collards, and if I find them bitter.  The
stems are bitter.  I cut the greens off the stems and steam them as I do
spinach (I'm a boring purist since going paleo) but for longer - about 10
minutes cooking time renders them as I like them.  I'm not a good person to
ask about eating them raw as my rule of thumb for myself is to cook all
vegetables, and don't cook the meat.  This is what my body seems to like
best.

Siobhan