From:
Cindy Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:23:05 -0600
Lurisia wrote:
<Just out of curiosity (and I'm not just being cheeky,
I really want to know) are any of the people who have
been so resistant my criticism of prolonged ketosis in
really athletic shape?  Not just good shape, but
athletic shape?  How many exercise?  I think this
would be interesting to find out.>

I am a long time lurker and rare poster, but I just need to jump in here
and ask, whatever makes you think that being in  "athletic shape" is any
more paleo than prolonged ketosis.  As a young person I competed in long
distance road bicycle races as well as running 5 and 10Ks in the off
season.  I am aware of the stresses that this type of conditioning requires
of the body.  My theories on diet and exercise now involve my lifestyle
choices-that is, I don't diet, I choose to eat in as paleo a way as
possible and I don't "exercise" but I do try to live as actively as
possible and I practice yoga regularly.  Yoga not only has conditioned my
body more totally than any previous "exercise"  but has balanced both my
strength and flexibility as well as providing many other "life" benefits.
In more simplistic terms, I intentionally choose to live a life of balance
that puts as little adverse stress as possible on my physical being.

Cindy