From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:22:43 +0100
>From: Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>

>Since you seem informed on this subject, let me ask
>your opinion on something:  What do you consider the
>best Paleo foods for anaerobic workouts?  My strategy
>is usually to load up on fruits, which works pretty
>well, but which (I hate to admit) still doesn't
>provide the same kind of energy I used to get when I
>ate complex carbs like brown rice.  I'm not saying I
>want to switch back to that (the advantages I reap
>from eating Paleo outweigh this one minor drawback)
>but I would like to know about any research on which
>Paleo food are the best replacement for complex carbs
>(again, in the context of fueling high-intensity
>anaerobic workouts).
>
>Thanks again for your thoughtful response,

If you are competing it may not apply to you but if not my advise is give
yourself a time.
When I started low carb weight training was a pain and I lost a lot of
strength. But after a while I got back to my previous results. I'm aware of
all the muscle types and aerobic/anaerobic theories but it seems that after
a while something changes and muscles and they more readily use fat.

Plus my endurance was never as good as it is without carbs but this is
obvious.
Now after researching calorie restrictions I will try to get back to my
strength with lower body mass and much lower calorie intake.

Paul Sand