From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 16:53:11 +0100
At 18:18 1999-12-17 -0500, j.alford wrote:
>children are well
>spaced, its because of taboos against resuming sexual relations before the
>baby is weaned. Mama doesn't get pregnant again when she's not letting Daddy
>have sex. And yes, this can mean as much as three years without sex.

Some cultures perhaps.
I have read "Nisa, The life and words of a !Kung woman" by Marjorie Shostak.
Among the !Kung there are definitely no sex taboos of that kind. Apart from
her 3 or 4 husbands Nisa also had some 20 lovers, several of them for most
of her adult life. She had four children during 35 years of sexual
activity until menopause, and lost all of them due to diseases, accidents
and the last at age 15-20 due to violence. No contraceptives, no infanticide,
just hard h/g life.

- Hans