From:
Sara Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 14:45:21 EDT
Hi everyone,

My name is Sara, I've been lurking for a few days.  I will most likely always
be a lurker, as I am a full-time student and musician, in addition to working
part-time.  So I have time to read but very little time to post.  I've been
low-carbing since January of 2000, and on Protein Power I lost 150 pounds.
However, it was becoming harder and harder to count carbs, and I was allowing
myself too many (along with too much cheese!).

I've been on Neanderthin for about two weeks, and no cheating for the past
two days...and I feel much better so far.  The absence dairy products has
really improved my singing voice, and I'm losing much faster.  It's also much
easier for me to drink water now, somehow I can tune in to my thirst better
than I could on Protein Power.

I do have a couple questions.
-can anyone give me recipes for food that stores well?  my only day free
enough to cook is sunday, so I'm looking for any kind of all-in-one meal that
I can make ahead of time and freeze.  I live in a completely Non-neanderthin
household, although my mother low-carbs a little (meaning 60 - 100 g/day, but
she has very little weight to lose).
-where can i find arrowroot, coconut oil, carob powder, other ingredients
that i've never seen before?  i live in the SF Bay Area so if anyone has an
idea of what store offers these, just point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much!
sara
400/248/150
PP Jan'00 - Apr'01